Wednesday, May 1, 2013

nursery design: inspiration board

This weekend I finally started putting together some ideas for the nursery. I had been waiting to find out if baby was a he or a she, but then felt a little overwhelmed and procrastinated another month. In the end, I decided to stick with the neutral palette I had in mind from the beginning. Neutral is really my style and I want the nursery to be a relaxing place since we'll be spending a lot of time in there. Baby's toys and playtime can be stimulating, but I want the nursery to be soothing and (hopefully) promote sleeping!

Grey and white are the neutrals we have going throughout the rest of the house, so I decided to continue that in the nursery. As accent colors, the hubby chose navy and I chose yellow (no surprise there!). I ordered the rug and blanket from Joss & Main, and I'm waiting on some swatches for the chair so I can move forward with that order. Next step is to start painting and installing beadboard panelling. I'm sure this inspiration board will evolve as we go, but I'm excited to see it start to take shape!


1 :: 2 :: 3 :: 4 :: 5 :: 6 :: 7 :: 8 :: 9 :: 10 :: 11



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...