Sunday, April 28, 2013

weekend recap

perfect weekend to enjoy the backyard

This weekend can be summed up in one word: baby! My family has been pushing patiently waiting for us to figure out our baby registry before they can send out shower invitations. So the pressure was on for the hubby and me to decide where to register and start adding items to our list. And who would have thought something that sounds so fun would be so difficult and exhausting! First, our entire family is back in Ohio and a bit spread out. Finding a place to register that also had a brick-and-mortar store for non-internet-savvy relatives was quite a challenge. Second, I'm never around babies so I had no idea where to start.


We had a marathon day on Friday going to Buy Buy Baby, Pottery Barn Kids, Babies-R-Us and a local boutique, Firefly Furnishings. I did NOT realize how much walking and standing we'd be doing and I did not wear appropriate shoes. My feet had a pulse by the end of the day. But, we also had a registry. Check!
NOT for all day shopping
The weather on Saturday was absolutely beautiful. After spending some time in the morning shopping and getting inspiration for the nursery, I took a nice run with the pup and met up with the hubby and some friends at Cheeseman Park. We ended the day with a quiet night relaxing on the couch and renting a movie.
shoes are still a little muddy from last weekend's hike

Sunday was another gorgeous day and I started by indulging in some breakfast cravings. Scrambled eggs with Dubliner cheese, a cup of coffee and fruit salad. It's a little boring, but fruit is the only thing I've really been craving throughout my pregnancy. The cravings have been insatiable, but I suppose it's better than potato chips! Hank and I enjoyed breakfast in the sunshine on the porch.


I finished off the weekend by creating the first (of many revisions I'm sure) for the nursery inspiration board. I even snagged this rug and blanket from Joss & Main. If you haven't checked them out yet, you must. Joss & Main is a flash-sale site for home decor and one of my go-to's. Because the merchandise rotates so frequently, it's a great place to get ideas and maybe make an occasional impulse purchase.

:: source ::

The best part of the weekend was that we saw (yes, I said SAW) baby kick! He's been quite active lately and the hubby can feel him move. Now we can add 'see him move' to the list of milestones. Considering I still have a couple months to go, I'm a little nervous about how much stronger this little man is going to get. It's already difficult to sleep with him dancing around!

Stay tuned for the full nursery inspiration board that I'll share later this week!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...