Friday, April 26, 2013

inspiration of the week: chalkboard paint

The next design project in our home really needs to be the nursery. But with finals week coming up, I just can't stop wishing for a home office to work and store all my samples and supplies. I'm pulling together an inspiration board for my dream office and I'd really like to do a chalkboard accent wall behind the desk. Chalkboard paint is not a new product and I've used it in the past for small crafts with great success. These spaces have me inspired to use it in a bigger way and what better place than an office?


This partial wall could have been an eye sore, but turning it into a chalkboard makes it useful.
:: source ::








Using chalkboard paint on these cabinets adds interest and function.
:: source ::



How fun is the chalkboard wall in family room?
:: source ::


A small border of chalkboard paint adds custom artwork to this laundry room and won't get smudged.
:: source ::
A chalkboard wall above this buffet brings charm and whimsy to any get together.
:: source ::
Maybe I can incorporate the chalkboard wall into the nursery...
:: source ::
I love the small chalkboard wall in this kitchen nook.
:: source :: 
Chalkboard paint needn't be confined to walls. This DIY Ikea chalkboard table is much more fun when you can draw on it.
:: source ::
Sadly, for now, the office will remain a bit of a daydream. Today we're off to try and figure out the baby registry. Practical things first!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...