Friday, June 7, 2013

inspiration of the week: beadboard paneling

It's been a long time since my last post. I've been busy with school, travel and the nursery - and generally having less energy in the final months until baby comes. I spent a long weekend in Ohio for baby showers. Both of our families threw a shower and each one was different and adorable! So many clever ideas that I will remember for when I throw a shower. Everyone told me not to register for any cute baby clothing, toys and accessories, because you'll get them at your shower. They were right. Baby now has the CUTEST wardrobe, plus dozens and dozens of books and toys that other moms swear by. I brought my camera to take pictures of every detail, but I was exhausted and overwhelmed and completely forgot! 

So now for the nursery! After a weekend of baby showers, I officially have the baby bug and am diving straight into the nursery. We painted the walls and plan to tackle the beadboard paneling detail this weekend. This feels like a big job for us, so I've been pulling together lots of inspiration and doing research on how to install the paneling ourselves. Since our home is one hundred years old, we want to make sure not to damage the walls or existing trim. I'll post the details of our project when it's complete, but for now, check out these rooms with beadboard detail that inspired me.

This library uses beadboard paneling in its traditional sense, giving the room a Cape-Cod-inspired, coastal feel.
:: source ::
I love using beadboard paneling in a kitchen. Here the turquoise color adds a great pop of color behind the open shelving.
:: source ::
Another classic use of beadboard paneling is in the bathroom as wainscoting. I love the texture the paneling adds to this simple and serene space.
:: source ::
This very white neutral nursery works because of the textural elements of the lighting, area rug, poms and of course, the beadboard wainscoting.
:: source ::
Beadboard can also be used in more formal spaces, like this living room. Here it has been installed on the ceiling and as a wainscot treatment.
:: source ::
I love this neutral nursery and the beadboard paneling makes it feel crisp and welcoming.
:: source ::
This attic space gets some dimension and light from the beadboard paneling. It also adds a nautical vibe.
:: source ::
Here, the white beadboard paneling in this small nursery actually helps make it feel larger.
:: source ::
Stay tuned, next week I'll post the details of our DIY beadboard wainscoting in the nursery.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...